Last month I wrote I was going to establish a new habit: daily art journaling. My plan – simple:
- decide/schedule time between 6 A.M. and 6 PM;
- keep it visible, track and
I did not achieve that goal: my daily schedule was/is revised a bit. The time I thought I’d devote to creating this new habit was preempted. – which is OK and understandable in that I’d not figured in a factor over which I have no control. So, it’s back to the drawing board … and a different approach.
The key to success, in addition to including the activity on my daily agenda, lies in [my] tying the new habit to an existing one – a technique called habit stacking. So, the revised plan is to:
- tie the habit to my M-F 12 Noon Daily Pages activity – which I really enjoy;
- have an idea of the day’s focus and supplies at the ready;
- keep it simple – therefore doable;
- share on this blog and/or Instagram.
Clearly, not everyday will result in achieving the goal as outlined but I’m banking on having more rather than less success at October’s end. Watch this space.
How has your word been manifested this month of September? Please share via the link up and if for any reason you have a problem, do include a link to your post in the comments. Thank you for joining us and sharing your one little word experience.
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party! Click here to enter