I first read Gretchen Rubin’s Happiness Project book, published in 2009. I’ve read all her Happiness Project books and listen to her and sister Liz’ weekly podcast Happier with Gretchen Rubin and now More Happier, which airs twice a month…and I’ve been to see Gretchen and Liz both times when they came to Washington DC. Am I a fan? Yeah, I think one could safely say so.
Gretchen also has a blog which she religiously keeps up to date. Today, I’m borrowing her “5 things Making Me Happy” prompt to share here on Morning Glory Studio.blog.
- Spring has arrived! The colors of the flowers are just delightfully uplifting – seeing them – especially the yellow tulips – adds bounce to my step on my nearly (weather permitting) daily walks …
- These days, I have been focusing on my AmaZe project, compiling, writing, editing stories of my life. Over the years, I’ve shared these stories both current and past on my blog/s. My aim is to end 2022 with a finished product/project. What that looks like is still a mystery… but I’m enjoying the ride …
- I’m feeling the urge to pick up needles – for all sorts of stitching projects – again. One of the side effects I experienced during Covid* was a loss of the desire to spend significant time in my sewing studio…slowly, that desire is changing to positive territory. New to my list to try: cross stitch. I have several patterns/kits and eventually, I’ll get roun’ to it.
- Clearing the garage of stuff that is labeled for the dump or recycling, such as electronics, medications, etc. is another major category on my list: Just the idea of completing this task makes me happy!
- Engaging in more creative art journaling play… watercoloring; acryllic stamping; drawing the sky and clouds. – Oh the clouds – today they’ve been a study and I’d like to be able to capture them in other ways beyond photgraphy.
What’s making you happier these days?
P. S. One other thing that has made me happy: I got my second Covid booster shot yesterday!