It seemed to me that we had an inordinate amount of rain-filled days in December, which may explain why 1/3rd of the photos are nature and sky themed…rain, rain but no snow! Despite, there was lots of holiday decorating and merry making spread throughout, including Christmas Day. This year, my sister’s oldest grandson joined us (#26). The photo before – #25, tho’ not so clear – is a group pic of my nieces and nephews…I guess I was taking the picture and not sure what happened to my sister… Throughout, there are a few quilts – two made by fiends in my quilting group; I close out the month with two photos of the hanging of the Flower Garden.
2018 is a wrap and 2019 is off to a good and modest start!
October was a busy month, filled with LOAD – LayOutADay – 31 days of making a scrapbook page. The theme for this, the third and last LOAD of 2018: Broadway Shows. T’was a lot of fun and a great way to learn the history of many of Broadway’s great performances: My Fair Lady; Lion King; Hamilton, to name a few. We, of course were not obligated to follow the theme or use the prompts or even make a layout a day…but 97 of us did, tallying over 1200 layouts. I’ve enjoyed LOAD: the prompts awaken a memory and get my creative juices flowing. Names are drawn throughout the session and prizes awarded – I won one from the May session. I’m not in it for the prizes – but because I like the stimulation and it’s a fun way to get my memories and stories written down! And besides, I have a room full of memory-keeping supplies!
- This month’s Collect collage shows several of the layouts I made: 11 (my dad from his WWII army days); 14, 16, 19, 20, 21, 26 and 27 – which was the first I ever made, of Kayla, 14 years ago! It has taken me nearly that long to finish it!
- Chris and Elias: 3, 29, 30 and 31 – I especially like their pumpkin sleepers!
- The Sky and Nature: 1 – Sunrise; 10, 14, 21, and October’s Full harvest Moon, 26.
- 3 “selfies and a group photo of my nieces, little Chris, my sister at my niece’s – the girls’ mother – 50th Birthday dinner celebration. Unfortunately, the photo and the layout are dark – poor lighting in the restaurant. There is a fascinating story that goes with this photo/day that I’ll have to document and share. Later!
- 3 gatherings with this friends: 18 show’s our dessert at our bi-monthly “Recent Reads” and 12, one of the books I shared…my plan is to tell “more” in an individual post; suffice it to say I really enjoyed the book! 25 from my Thurs stitching group and 28: we celebrated my friend’s birthday at our monthly Sunday stitching gathering. Her mom made her this beautiful quilt, in her favorite color and Margaret’s admiring it!
- Each Journal Club session we have a spiritual guide – this session’s is the Raven and photo 5 is that of a Raven; on the 6th, I attended the Metropolitan Opera’s performance of Aida…at my local movie theater for the Met Live in HD performance. Sunday was warmish so I spent a pleasant hour at my neighborhood coffee shop o the Avenue -7. Photo 8 is of cheater fabric : the quilter adds the embellishments: stitched threads to the already painted background. The stitching for this quit was done on machine by one of my quilting group’s members.
- Norman was camera-shy…
When I look over these monthly collages and recall the events and moments that accompany them, I am so grateful that I have this record of snippets of my life.