- Two Things on my Bucket List
- No less than 12+ years ago, attending a library pre-conference, I took a class on paper making. I enjoyed the class and promptly added to my bucket list: take more classes. Fast-forward to yesterday, 9/17/19: Sorting through old family photos, I ran across the paper and booklet I made plus
- not only a photo of me making the paper,
- but also an article in the March 2015 Washingtonian: The Great Washingtonian Bucket List: 50 Things Every Local Needs to Do! Some of the items on the list I’ve done, some I know I never will, e.g., “ride through Rock Creek Park on horseback!”
- There is one thing not on that list but is still on mine: take more paper-making classes. And that jogged my memory: less than 5 miles away there is a book-making center that offers classes on making paper! Can’t get better than that, agreed?
This is a picture of a “Wonky Star” quilt block – I have 60+ – each a variation on the theme – that have been on my bucket list for way too long! I needed unifying fabric/s and finally found two pieces that I think will work. The multi-color stripes at the top will be the backing + binding. The other fabric( in between the block and the stripe) will be used as sashing: strips I will attach to all four sides of the blocks and then, sew the blocks together.
And with that I shall hit publish so I can proceed with stitching and also, take advantage of today’s glorious weather, later, by treating myself to a sit-out at Zeke’s this afternoon, enjoying a pumpkin spiced latté (I hope they have pumpkin spice) with A Gentleman in Moscow.
Joining Kat and friends for Unraveled Wednesday.