- Taste again, for the first time, Bullet Journaling – primarily to better organize my life’s activiites and to do items…I have been back and forth on this and decided to just go ahead and DO IT. I enjoyed BUJO when I did it years ago – don’t ask me why I stopped. I just did …and ever since, have felt/been rudderless…
- Implement TimeBlocking. I’ve toyed with the idea and decided to give it a real try. I can (and do) spend much of the day @the table, papers, books, pens, etc spread before me and before I know it, it’s sundown and I’ve made little – if that – progress on my daily goals…
- Aim for more Healthful Meals – which means plan weekly menus and shop accordingly – neither of which appeal to me.
- Reivse my Daily Walk Habits, aiming for 3 – 20 minutes a day outside. I know I won’t always accomplish that mile marker but doing so is worth the effort.
- Resume Dõstädning (clutter clearing), aiming to clear one drawer, shelf, closet, etc a day and get the stuff in the garage ready to donate or discard. I’d held off due to Covid-19 …I’m thinking/hoping books and things can now be recycled.
Category: Just Five Things
sometimes mondays | 12.2.19 …
… are super quiet, primarily because it’s so durn cold out. Despite a 42° F temperature, clouds, 78% humidity and winds NW 10 mph make it feel more like 36° F… I’m glad I had no reason to go out… and I didn’t, not even to my regular Monday quilting meeting.*
I have used most of this cold and quiet day purging paper: old receipts; statements; notes written on any available piece of paper (that was before I began to make a conscious effort to eliminate that bad habit ), etc. And taking time out to reflect on some of the things on this day for which I am grateful:
- tea this morning in my Scotty dog Christmas mug – given to me by a friend of many decades, many decades ago;
- the scent of my morning candle;
- the luscious color of this week’s bouquet of alstroemeria: a deep red;
- the warmth of the hearth and the fact that I didn’t need to go out;
- tackling the looong overdue paper purge job.
This week is shaping up to be quite busy: two concerts, a house tour plus the added activity of preparing for Christmas…and, other than the Scotty dog mug, not a single bit of Christmas has been pulled out of storage. So, to my list above, I add a big
- gratitude to Mother Nature. Today’s weather gave me the space to take a deep breath and tackle a project that’s been on the agenda for way too long. I am energized.
* I fell asleep last night watching Hallmark Christmas movies and awoke about 1:20 am – then went to bed!