… are super quiet, primarily because it’s so durn cold out. Despite a 42° F temperature, clouds, 78% humidity and winds NW 10 mph make it feel more like 36° F… I’m glad I had no reason to go out… and I didn’t, not even to my regular Monday quilting meeting.*
I have used most of this cold and quiet day purging paper: old receipts; statements; notes written on any available piece of paper (that was before I began to make a conscious effort to eliminate that bad habit ), etc. And taking time out to reflect on some of the things on this day for which I am grateful:
- tea this morning in my Scotty dog Christmas mug – given to me by a friend of many decades, many decades ago;
- the scent of my morning candle;
- the luscious color of this week’s bouquet of alstroemeria: a deep red;
- the warmth of the hearth and the fact that I didn’t need to go out;
- tackling the looong overdue paper purge job.
This week is shaping up to be quite busy: two concerts, a house tour plus the added activity of preparing for Christmas…and, other than the Scotty dog mug, not a single bit of Christmas has been pulled out of storage. So, to my list above, I add a big
- gratitude to Mother Nature. Today’s weather gave me the space to take a deep breath and tackle a project that’s been on the agenda for way too long. I am energized.
* I fell asleep last night watching Hallmark Christmas movies and awoke about 1:20 am – then went to bed!